A comparison of nonparametric analyses conducted in SPSS, SAS, Stata, and R

A comparison of nonparametric analyses conducted in SPSS, SAS, Stata, and R

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
I just received the latest TOC alert for Behavior Research Methods, and this article caught my eye:

Researcher degrees of freedom in statistical software contribute to unreliable results: A comparison of nonparametric analyses conducted in SPSS, SAS, Stata, and R

I've not had time to read it yet, but judging from a quick glance, I wonder if the main "problem" might be that users do not always take time to RTFM* and therefore, do not understand what their software is doing? In any case, I thought some members of this forum might be interested.

Cheers,
Bruce

* RTFM = Read The Fine Manual
--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).