Align column in variable view

Odin
Hi,

Does it matter whether I choose “left”, “right” or “center” in the align
column in variable view? I guess not, but thought I should check. Cannot
find anything about it…

Best regards,

Mimir

Re: Align column in variable view

Art Kendall
I believe that the alignment only influences how the data looks in the Data
View.
It is only a matter of how easy the data view is to read.
Even outside SPSS, I almost always use Left alignment within a cell for
strings and Right for numbers.

I do not recall any occasions when the alignment in Data View changed the
alignment in output.

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants