Alter type error in version 28

Art Kendall
This post was updated on .
The documentation says there should be default output.

ALTER TYPE varlist([input format = ] {output format }) [varlist...]
. . .
[/PRINT {[ALTEREDTYPES**] [ALTEREDVALUES]}]
{NONE }
** Default if subcommand omitted.

But the command
ALTER TYPE ALL (A=AMIN) /PRINT.

gets this error
Warnings
Subcommand PRINT is empty.
Execution of this command stops.

The workaround is
ALTER TYPE ALL (A=AMIN) /PRINT ALTEREDTYPES ALTEREDVALUES.

Demo_Alter_Type_error.sps
example.csv
Alter_Type.spv

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: Alter type error in version 28

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Hi Art.  How does your workaround solution differ from this?

ALTER TYPE ALL (A=AMIN).

It also works, and I see no obvious difference in the output.

Art Kendall wrote

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: Alter type error in version 28

Art Kendall
You are right.

This arose when I was trying to work with a file of a million tweets. I did not get the mini-example right.

"Display a list of variables for which the formats were changed and the old and new formats. "
I was trying to work out a way to see what AMIN resulted in so that
 I would see
Name A45 A5
instead of
Name A45 AMIN