CTABLES - EMPTY = EXCLUDE Problem

Feinstein, Zachary
I have never had this problem before and I am wondering if anyone else
has had a similar problem.

Let's assume q2035 represents region- North, South, East, or West - four
mutually exclusive categories, for 1,000 records.

eu_loy only exists for three of the four regions, so by saying EMPTY =
EXCLUDE in the code below, the one where eu_loy does not exist should
not show up.  But the problem is that it does show up now.  I cannot
figure why it is doing that.

CTABLES
/TABLE eu_loy BY q2035
/CATEGORIES VARIABLE = q2035 EMPTY = EXCLUDE.

Note that q2035 is NOMINAL and eu_loy is SCALE so it will give the means
for each region level.  That is already taken care of.  I have also
experimented with not weighting the data too and it still does this.

Thanks.

Zachary

Re: CTABLES - EMPTY = EXCLUDE Problem

Edward Boadi
Zachary, add "/SMISSING LISTWISE " to the syntax as shown below and you will be fine .

CTABLES
/SMISSING LISTWISE
/TABLE eu_loy BY q2035
/CATEGORIES VARIABLE = q2035 EMPTY = EXCLUDE.

Regards
Edward