Ctables Syntax help - plz correct the code

Ctables Syntax help - plz correct the code

jagadishpchary
Dear All,

I have a query regarding the below syntax.

I am able to run the below syntax successfully to get the counts using the
attached dataset - I have to cross tabulate with multiresponse sets.
Data.sav
<http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/file/t340698/Data.sav>

CTABLES
/MRSETS COUNTDUPLICATES= Yes
/TABLE Age by ($Q1 [C][RESPONSES F40.0]).

However when I trying to run the same syntax for percentages using ([COLPCT
'', TOTAL [COUNT '']]) - I am getting the error message as *"TABLE: A scale
variable may not be crossed or nested with another scale variable. If a
scale variable is used, statistics must be specified in the same dimension
as that variable. For ordinary category variables, statistics may be
specified only at the lowest level of nesting."*

CTABLES
/MRSETS COUNTDUPLICATES= Yes
 /TABLE Age[COLPCT '', TOTAL[COUNT '']] by ($Q1[C][RESPONSES F40.0]).

Could any one plz help with the correct spss code. For %ages table, I need
the base to
have count and the attributes as %ages hence I am using [COLPCT '', TOTAL
[COUNT '']].

Many thanks for the help in advnce.

Regards,
Jagadish

Re: Ctables Syntax help - plz correct the code

spss.giesel@yahoo.de
Probably
TABLE Age[C] by ...
is necessary.

---

Am Sonntag, 11. Oktober 2020, 14:57:42 MESZ hat jagadishpchary <[hidden email]> Folgendes geschrieben:

[...]

HI Giesel,

I have already tried with Age [C]  - but still getting the same error.

MRSETS  /MCGROUP NAME=$Q1 VARIABLES=Q1r1 Q1r2 Q1r3 Q1r4 Q1r5 Q1r6 /DISPLAY
NAME=[$Q1].

CTABLES
/MRSETS COUNTDUPLICATES= Yes
/TABLE Age[C] by ($Q1 [C][RESPONSES F40.0]).

CTABLES
/MRSETS COUNTDUPLICATES= Yes
 /TABLE Age[C][COLPCT '', TOTAL[COUNT '']] by ($Q1[C][RESPONSES F40.0]).

REgards,
Jagadish

Re: Ctables Syntax help - plz correct the code

Jon Peck
You can only specify statistics in one dimension.  You have specified them in both.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 9:03 AM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Probably
TABLE Age[C] by ...
is necessary.

---

[...]

Jon K Peck

Re: Ctables Syntax help - plz correct the code

jagadishpchary
HI Jon,

Thanks for the note.

Yes, if I specify the statistics on rows & columns it is not working.
However my requirement is to provide the Base/Total in counts and the
attributes in percentages.

Please let me know how can I do it?

Regards,
Jagadish