Customizing tables with CSTABULATE

Shirin Nuesslein

Greetings! Is anyone familiar with the CSTABULATE command? If so, do you know if it is possible to customize tables generated with CSTABULATE in a similar way as is possible using CTABLES?

I am working with a dataset for which I specified weighting and infinite population correction using CSPLAN. And I need to use CSTABULATE to generate a two-way table (several variables (rows) BY one variable (column)) using weighted counts, and to run a test of independence.

I’d like to know if it’s possible with CSTABULATE to show all my row variables in a single table. Currently they appear in separate tables. Is there a work-around to connect the tables? I know this is possible with CTABLES, but haven’t been able to figure it out with CSTABULATE.

Thanks in advance!

Shirin

--
Shirin Nuesslein
Research Assistant - Health, Environment and Indigenous Communities Research Group

Trent University - Indigenous Studies Department
1600 West Bank Drive - Peterborough, ON, K9J 7B8
Phone: 705-748-1011 ext 7242

Re: Customizing tables with CSTABULATE

Jon Peck
Wouldn't the categories differ by variable?  Are you looking to stack the tables?
It wouldn't look quite like the usual Viewer output, but you could use  code like this to create a stacked dataset of the tables.
dataset declare stacked.
oms select tables /if subtypes='Twoway Table'
/destination outfile = stacked format = sav.
CSTABULATE
<your command>
omsend.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 12:43 PM Shirin Nuesslein <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jon K Peck