David Marso

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
In a recent post to the SPSSX-L forum, John Norton mentioned "the late great David Marso".  I was taken aback when I read that, because I was unaware that David had died.  I subsequently found this obituary:

https://www.raffeodicecco.com/obituary/David-Mark-Marso

He was certainly a bit of a maverick, our David.  But what a brilliant programmer.  I learned an awful lot from his posts.

As many of you will remember, he also had a real knack for coining interesting terms like "ESPss" and "interneTelepathy".  And he enjoyed trying to stump the rest of us by posting things like CEFGW without explanation.  ;-)

RIP, David.
--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: David Marso

PRogman
His knowlegde of SPSS and programming wit will be missed. I have learned so much from his examples.

RIP David Marso

/PRogman

Re: David Marso

parisec
Oh Wow...

I always appreciated his willingness to help. I also found myself quoting him one day  "RTFM"

RIP

Carol

Re: David Marso

Ki Park
I have posted a few questions and David was one of the 'masters' who will always give me great advise. I will miss him in this site, but many, many posts in this site will surely show how helpful he was.
RIP.
Ki