Expected frequency within CSTABULATE command

Expected frequency within CSTABULATE command

Shirin Nuesslein
Hello,

I am working with the /TEST INDEPENDENCE sub-command within the CSTABULATE command.

Is it possible to have SPSS show me the expected frequencies in the output? I need to check if the chi-square test is valid and meets the assumption of expected counts n > 5 per cell before I proceed with my analysis. The default output only shows me unweighted counts and estimated population size.

Alternatively, I could calculate the expected frequencies manually. Would I need to use the unweighted counts or estimated population size for my observed data?

Any pointers appreciated! Thank-you!

--
Shirin Nuesslein
Research Assistant - Health, Environment and Indigenous Communities Research Group

Trent University - Indigenous Studies Department
1600 West Bank Drive - Peterborough, ON, K9J 7B8
Phone: 705-748-1011 ext 7242