FYI: Nabble is being downsized

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Hello all.  I just noticed this message at the top of the page for the Nabble archive for this forum:

"Nabble is being downsized. To preserve your forum, follow these instructions."

Here is the link for the aforementioned instructions:  https://support.nabble.com/Downsizing-Nabble-td7609715.html

I have just posted to that thread asking that our SPSSX Discussion be preserved in Nabble.  But given what it says about mailing lists, I am not overly optimistic.  I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: FYI: Nabble is being downsized

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Here is the new address for the SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble:

  http://spssx-discussion.165.s1.nabble.com/

It is not clear to me whether the link to the UGA mailing list has been preserved.  If it has been preserved, perhaps someone who does not use Nabble would be good enough to reply to this message.

Cheers,
Bruce

Bruce Weaver wrote
[...]

It appears that the link between Nabble and the UGA mailing list has been broken for a while.  Here is a message I just posted (via email) to the UGA mailing list.  As I said in it, I'll keep you posted.

--- Copy of message posted to UGA mailing list ---

Hello folks.  I've just noticed that the link between the UGA mailing list and the Nabble archive has been broken for the last little while.  Note too that as part of "downsizing" at Nabble, the address for the Nabble archive has changed.  I've pasted below a message I just sent to one of the tech support folks at Nabble--it includes the new address.  I am hopeful that the link between Nabble and the actual mailing list can be restored.  Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Bruce

PS- Please note that I do not check this hotmail account regularly.  I use it for posting to SPSSX-L to avoid having my everyday inbox (bweaver 'at' lakeheadu dot ca) clogged up with posts to the list.  If you want to contact me (and hope to have your message read soon), please use that address.  ðŸ˜‰

--- Copy of email to Tech Support at Nabble ---

Good morning Hugo (and David).  As I'm sure you know, the SPSSX Discussion in Nabble has a new address:

    http://spssx-discussion.165.s1.nabble.com/

But it seems that the link to the UGA mailing list has been severed.  The most recently active thread in the UGA archive ("Why won't macro work") has not appeared at all in the Nabble archive.  Also, my most recent post in the UGA archive was on 27-May-2021.  Several posts I made via Nabble since then have not appeared in the UGA archive.  Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Cheers,
Bruce