Fisher exact test possible with CSTABULATE command?

Fisher exact test possible with CSTABULATE command?

Shirin Nuesslein
Hello,

I am working with the CSTABULATE command for my complex sample. Is it possible to run the CSTBULATE /TEST subcommand in a way that gives me the Fisher's exact test of independence? It appears that the default option is a Pearson's chi-square test, and I don't see a way to modify this.

Is there a work around anyone is aware of?

Any pointers appreciated!
Thank-you!

--
Shirin Nuesslein
Research Assistant - Health, Environment and Indigenous Communities Research Group

Trent University - Indigenous Studies Department
1600 West Bank Drive - Peterborough, ON, K9J 7B8
Phone: 705-748-1011 ext 7242

Re: Fisher exact test possible with CSTABULATE command?

Rich Ulrich
Fisher's Exact Test is for 2x2 tables.  That seems inconsistent with
your mention of "complex sample."

There are two or three "exact tests" based on permutations and
different criteria, but all the usual ones are employed on two-way
tables. That also seems inconsistent with complex samples.

--
Rich Ulrich

Re: Fisher exact test possible with CSTABULATE command?

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
The documentation for CSTABULATE /TEST does lists the following options:

HOMOGENEITY. Test of homogeneous proportions. Available for one-way
frequency tables only.

INDEPENDENCE. Test of independence. Available for two-way crosstabulations
only.

ODDSRATIO. Odds ratio. Available for two-by-two crosstabulations only.

RELRISK. Relative risk. Available for two-by-two crosstabulations only.

RISKDIFF. Risk difference. Available for two-by-two crosstabulations only.

Source:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLVMB_26.0.0/statistics_reference_project_ddita/spss/complex_samples/syn_cstabulate_test.html

Rich Ulrich wrote

-----
--
Bruce Weaver

"When all else fails, RTFM."

Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: Fisher exact test possible with CSTABULATE command?

Jon Peck
And the Algorithms Doc gives all the details about these testsif you really want to know.

-----
--
Bruce Weaver

"When all else fails, RTFM."