GEE analysis linear combination

Hersenvocht
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I need to test a linear combination of coefficients (or planned contrast) in
the following model:
beta1 x var1 + beta2 x var2 + beta3 x var1 x var2
I need to test beta1+beta3 < -beta1 or alternatively 2 x beta1 + beta3 <0
I cannot figure out how to test combinations of coefficients in the GEE
function (or the equivalent GLM)
Is there anyone that can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Excuse me for not including:
var1 is a discrete variable from 0 to 9 and var2 is a dummy variable which can be 0 or 1

Re: GEE analysis linear combination

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
You said:  "var1 is a discrete variable from 0 to 9"

In that case, what you called beta1 is really a set of 9 coefficients, is it
not?

Hersenvocht wrote

-----
--
Bruce Weaver

"When all else fails, RTFM."

Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: GEE analysis linear combination

Hersenvocht
No, the variable can take on the value 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. If I include the
variable in my GEE regression as covariate I just get one coefficient, as I
like.

Re: GEE analysis linear combination

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Thanks for clarifying.  So if I follow, you are using GENLIN to estimate your
model, and the problem is that GENLIN does not have LMATRIX or TEST options
to make the comparisons of interest.  Is that right?

Hersenvocht wrote

-----