Grouped Percentage

Peter-152
Hi,

There is likely an easy answer to this, but I cannot seem to find it.

I have a series of cases representing groups of people.  Within this I have
a group of age classes (0-14, 15-24, 25-44, 45-64, and 65+) with the number
of people in the group that fit into each category as well as a total
number of people in the group.  Additionally cases are grouped by location
of their response (example below).

a014 a1524 a2544 a4564 a65 Npeople location
3 0 0 1 0 4  1
0 1 1 0 0 2  1
0 0 0 1 1 2  2
0 0 2 0 0 2  3
2 0 0 0 0 2  2
2 1 1 1 0 5  3
2 0 2 0 0 4  1
0 2 0 2 0 4  3
2 0 2 0 0 4  1

What I need to do is produce a table that displays the proportion of people
in each age class for each location.  Ultimately, I’d like the table to
look something like what is below.

a014 a1524 a2544 a4564 a65
location
1 50 7 35 7 0
2 50 0 0 25 25
3 18 27 27 27 0

I’ve tried a variety of syntax, but at best it provides a table with the
percentage of respondents who responded to each value.

I’m running SPSS for Windows v. 13.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Peter Masson
SEP - Research Assistant
Ontario Parks - Planning and Research Section
(705) 755-5104
[hidden email]