Help with interpreting results for power analysis in SPSS v27.0 - b value for independent two samples ttest

Help with interpreting results for power analysis in SPSS v27.0 - b value for independent two samples ttest

thara.vardhan@epa.nsw.gov.au

Dear List members

I am new to power analysis in SPSS V27.0.

I have pilot test data for 2 groups in my data set. They are independent samples.

I have run a power analysis for independent 2 samples ttest using the sample size, means and unequal standard deviations for the 2 groups.

I get a value of b=0.99 for determining the power?

How do I interpret this?

I tried to access the archives on the list serve but it says I do not have access.

I would be grateful if anybody could help me and also guide me to any issues or problems in relation to power analysis that were raised previously and solved in this forum.

Looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks

Regards

Thara Vardhan

This email is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and then delete it immediately.
Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly and with authority states them to be the views of the Environment Protection Authority.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL