Help with macros

Re: Help with macros

Kirill Orlov
This post was updated on .
// My idea was to create a generic macro ... the [MR set] data must be cleaned of double codes.//

My macro !KO_REGMRC performs editing of a Categorical Multiple Response variables, including the task of cleaning away response duplicates. If that is what you meant to do.

The macro is downloadable in "Multiple response tools" collection on my page https://www.spsstools.net/en/KO-spssmacros
or
https://www.spsstools.net/ru/KO-spssmacros (russian page with russian-localized macros)

Re: Help with macros

jkpeck
Start with the dialog box, which appears as
Utilities > Define Variable Macro

The dialog box does not provide for TO and ALL, but if you paste the syntax, you can edit the variable list to add the TO specification.  The dialog help and the syntax help that Art pointed to should get you going.  This procedure provides a lot of more indirect ways of specifying the variables to include, but probably all you need is the ability to use TO.

The output of the procedure is a macro, and you can use that in your other macro.

Re: Help with macros

Eleonora Sidorova
Sorry for the delay in thanking everybody you for your help.
Your ideas brought to mind and I got what I needed.
Thanks again and have a great year!
12