Highlight Small base values below 30 in Ctables

Highlight Small base values below 30 in Ctables

jagadishpchary
Dear All,

I need to provide * in the Ctables wherever the base is less than 30. Could
you please let me know if there any option in CTables to provide starmark
(*) above the value.

Many thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,
Jagadish

Re: Highlight Small base values below 30 in Ctables

Jon Peck
If you want to hide small count cells, you can use something like
  /HIDESMALLCOUNTS COUNT=5

The SPSSINC CENSOR TABLES extension command provides more flexible censoring, but it still replaces the values with the  censoring symbol.
SPSSINC CENSOR TABLES
CRITLABEL="Count"  TESTTYPE="<" CRITVALUE=30
DIRECTION=ROW NEIGHBORS=0
SUBTYPE="customtable" PROCESS=LATEST
/OPTIONS APPENDCAPTION=YES CONDITIONALCAPTION=YES
CAPTION= "less than 30"
SYMBOL="*".

You could add a footnote or insert a * using a small custom function with the SPSSINC MODIFY TABLES extension  command.  Details if that's  what  you want to do.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 9:20 AM jagadishpchary <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

I need to provide * in the Ctables wherever the base is less than 30. Could
you please let me know if there any option in CTables to provide starmark
(*) above the value.

Many thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,
Jagadish

Jon K Peck

Re: Highlight Small base values below 30 in Ctables

jagadishpchary
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the code.

However when I run the code it says 'LATEST is not a valid option for
keyword PROCESS'.
Could you please run the table highlighting the small values for me to
understand executing the code?

Regards,
Jagadish

Re: Highlight Small base values below 30 in Ctables

Jon Peck
If you just want to highlight the small cells, you can use SPSSINC MODIFY TABLES.  This code would color the background of small count cells.

SPSSINC MODIFY TABLES subtype="CUSTOMTABLE"
SELECT=Count
DIMENSION= COLUMNS LEVEL = -1  SIGLEVELS=BOTH
PROCESS = PRECEDING
/STYLES  APPLYTO="x < 30"
BACKGROUNDCOLOR=255 255 0.