How to create list of variables with values on custom attributes

How to create list of variables with values on custom attributes

Art Kendall
I am trying to create a list of variables that have specific values on some
custom attributes.

For example, I would like to have a list of numeric variable names I can
paste into syntax that have
the value 'Water' on the custom attribute "[Var.Grouping]" AND
the value 'Computed' on the custom attribute "[Source]"

SPSSINC SELECT VARIABLES MACRONAME = '!MyVarList1'
    /PROPERTIES
    TYPE=NUMERIC
    /ATTRHASALL 'Var.Grouping' 'Source'
    /ATTRVALUES
    NAME ='Var.Grouping' VALUE="Water"
    NAME1='Source' VALUE="Computed"
    /OPTIONS
    ORDER=FILE
    PRINT=YES.

Warnings
Subcommand ATTRVALUES: NAME must specify a single, valid variable name.
Execution of this command stops.

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: How to create list of variables with values on custom attributes

Jon Peck
This would work.

SPSSINC SELECT VARIABLES MACRONAME = '!MyVarList1'
    /PROPERTIES
    TYPE=NUMERIC
    /ATTRHASALL 'Var.Grouping' 'Source'
    /ATTRVALUES
    NAME =Var.Grouping VALUE="Water"
    NAME1=Source VALUE1="Computed"
    /OPTIONS
    ORDER=FILE
    PRINT=YES.

The attribute names should not be quoted, because they follow the rules for variable names.
The VALUE keyword can't be reused.  For NAME1, you would use VALUE1 etc.

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:30 AM Art Kendall <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jon K Peck

Re: How to create list of variables with values on custom attributes

Art Kendall
Thank you it worked. It is always little things.

SPSSINC SELECT VARIABLES MACRONAME = '!MyVarList1'
    /PROPERTIES
    TYPE=NUMERIC
    /ATTRHASALL 'Var.Grouping' 'Source'
    /ATTRVALUES
    NAME =Var.Grouping VALUE="Water"
    NAME1=Source VALUE1="computed"
    /OPTIONS
    ORDER=FILE
    PRINT=YES.

* for the purpose of the archive, one can use the MACRONAME like the line
below.

frequencies variables =!MyVarlist1.

-----