IBM SPSS Web Report What server is it looking for?

IBM SPSS Web Report What server is it looking for?

Art Kendall
IBM SPSS Web Report

I tried using export to a web report.  Some features require connecting to a
server.
help says
"For information about adding the enhanced controls to your Internet Server,
go to https://developer.ibm.com/predictiveanalytics." but that led me
nowhere.

I am running version 24.0.0.2

I only loaded a 1-user copy of SPSS to my PC although I have a license for 8
seats.

Should I get v 27 as a server version?

I am in the midst of a very messy job on v24.  Can I download v27 as a
server version and leave v24 as is for now.  Disk space is not a problem.

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: IBM SPSS Web Report What server is it looking for?

Art Kendall
Thank you.

Is this a correct interpretation?

Those features are not for something to hand off to rather naive recipients.
One would have to work on the appearance before sending off to others.

-----

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: IBM SPSS Web Report What server is it looking for?

Jon Peck
The idea behind the server was that it would give users more of the Viewer functionality, e.g., pivoting tables, however, the web report both local and server apparently were not very popular.  As of V27, this feature has been removed.  It would still work in 24-26 except that the server functionality is gone.

Too bad as it was a nice option.  If users stormed the barricades and demanded it back, I suppose it would be restored, but this seems unlikely.

You can, of course, still do a plain HTML export.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 1:39 PM Art Kendall <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you.

Is this a correct interpretation?

Those features are not for something to hand off to rather naive recipients.
One would have to work on the appearance before sending off to others.

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Jon K Peck

Re: IBM SPSS Web Report What server is it looking for?

Art Kendall
Thank you.

You do so much for the community.

Then I won't bother getting v27 yet.

It would be nice if the <help> were updated to say "no longer available"

-----

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: IBM SPSS Web Report What server is it looking for?

Kornbrot, Diana
Ibm/spss usual issue of of beta versions
Customer care - uo cannot be serious
Had to activate license wizard for 3rd time because incompetent software is keeping previous code - yuk

On 13 Oct 2020, at 22:20, Jon Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

A bug has been filed on the doc.  It affects both the OUTPUT EXPORT command and the OMS command, which supported that format.  (I can't file bugs directly, but I can "bug" other people to do that.)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 3:16 PM Art Kendall <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you.

You do so much for the community.

Then I won't bother getting v27 yet.

It would be nice if the <help> were updated to say "no longer available"

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Jon K Peck

University of Hertfordshire
College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
+44 (0) 208 444 2081
+44 (0) 7403 18 16 12
[hidden email]
http://dianakornbrot.wordpress.com/