'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

stephen tawanda musasa
I am a PhD candidate wishing to analyse data collected from surveys with
SPSS, but I have the following recurring problem when trying to work with
SPSS. On regular basis, I got the following error 'Incomplete (truncated)
SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205). Only option I have
is to push the ok button and cannot open the data set. May you please assist
me so that I can recover the data set. I have limited knowledge about SPSS.

Re: 'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Here is a 2018 thread discussing the same problem:

http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/Incomplete-truncated-SPSS-Statistics-data-file-location-of-file-DATA-1205-td5736463.html

The original poster (OP) in that thread never followed up, so we don't know
if any of the possible solutions that were suggested worked.

stephen tawanda musasa wrote

-----
--
Bruce Weaver

"When all else fails, RTFM."

Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: 'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

John F Hall
Where are you trying to get the data?  Are you a registered user with
permission?

I am a PhD candidate wishing to analyse data collected from surveys with
SPSS, but I have the following recurring problem when trying to work with
SPSS. On regular basis, I got the following error 'Incomplete (truncated)
SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205). Only option I have
is to push the ok button and cannot open the data set. May you please assist
me so that I can recover the data set. I have limited knowledge about SPSS.

Kind Regards

Stephen Tawanda Musasa

Lecturer - Department of Crop Science and Post-harvest Technology, School of Agricultural Sciences and Technology, Chinhoyi University of Technology, Private Bag 7724, Chinhoyi, Zimbabwe
Skype: stephen tawanda musasa
Cell: +263 773 892 581
Whatsapp: +263 715952722

Re: 'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

Jon Peck
Does this happen with  one specific sav file or any file?  If just one, how was it created and how many cases and variables is it expected to have?
If you want to send me the file ([hidden email]) I might be able to figure out the true state of the file.

As the link Bruce posted says, a full disk or a flaky network connection are the most likely explanations.

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 9:16 AM tawanda stephen Musasa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I am a registered SPSS user. I am from Zimbabwe

On Thu, 27 May 2021 at 08:08, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where are you trying to get the data?  Are you a registered user with
permission?

Re: 'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

John F Hall

I meant registered for use of data.  Where are you getting the data from?

I sometimes had a similar problem.  From memory I had to add a CRLF character at the end of the last case.

Re: 'Incomplete (truncated) SPSS Statistics data file (location of file) (DATA 1205)

John F Hall

Are you working with data stored in a *.txt file or with data in a SPSS *.sav file?

Send your file(s) direct to me off-list and I will have a look.

John F Hall MA (Cantab) Dip Ed (Dunelm)

IBM-SPSS Academic Author 9900074

Email: [hidden email]

Website: Journeys in Survey Research