Interesting links (in my opinion)

Marta García-Granero
Hi everybody:

Since a lot of questions to this list concern theoretical issues, I
thought that these links could be interesting for a lot of people. The
first one reviews basic stats, while the second focuses on more
advanced methods.

Statistics at Square One
=========================
1 Data display and summary
2 Mean and standard deviation
3 Populations and samples
4 Statements of probability and confidence intervals
5 Differences between means: type I and type II errors and power
6 Differences between percentages and paired alternatives
7 The t tests
8 The chi-squared tests
9 Exact probabilty test
10 Rank score tests
11 Correlation and regression
12 Survival analysis
13 Study design and choosing a statistical test

Available as on-line book (HTML) at:
http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/collections/statsbk/index.shtml

SPSS syntax code (written by me and kindly hosted by King Douglas) for
the book exercises and examples is available at:
http://www.kingdouglas.com/SPSS/DiverseCultures/Marta/Code/BMJ%20-%20Stats%20Square%20One.txt
(if the link is broken in two by my mail program, copy and paste both
pieces together...)

Research Methods II: Multivariate Analysis
Chapter 1: The Scientific Method
Chapter 2: Simple Linear Regression
Chapter 3: Multiple Regression Analysis
Chapter 4: Multiple Regression in Practice
Chapter 5: Regression Diagnostics
Chapter 6: Analysis of Cross-Sectional Studies
Chapter 7: One-way Analysis of Variance
Chapter 8: Two-way Analysis of Variance
Chapter 9: Factorial Designs
Chapter 10: Repeat-measures Designs
Chapter 11: Logistic Regression
Chapter 12: Survival Analysis
Chapter 13: Poisson Regression Analysis
Chapter 14: Analysing Categorical Data: Log-linear analysis

Available as on-line book (PDF) at:

http://www.oxfordjournals.org/tropej/online/ma.html
(they also have a collection of PowerPoint slides for each chapter)

Although I haven't written SPSS code for the second book (I just
discovered it today!), give me some time and (after my holidays), I'll
have it available.

I hope you find them useful.

Marta

Re: Interesting links (in my opinion)

Charlotte-9
Hi Marta,

Thanks for the links below.  I'm sure I'm not alone in finding this
information very useful.

Lou

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:17:06 +0200, =?ISO-8859-15?B?
TWFydGEgR2FyY+1hLUdyYW5lcm8=?= <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi everybody:
>
>Since a lot of questions to this list concern theoretical issues, I
>thought that these links could be interesting for a lot of people. The
>first one reviews basic stats, while the second focuses on more
>advanced methods.
>
>Statistics at Square One
>=========================
>1 Data display and summary
>2 Mean and standard deviation
>3 Populations and samples
>4 Statements of probability and confidence intervals
>5 Differences between means: type I and type II errors and power
>6 Differences between percentages and paired alternatives
>7 The t tests
>8 The chi-squared tests
>9 Exact probabilty test
>10 Rank score tests
>11 Correlation and regression
>12 Survival analysis
>13 Study design and choosing a statistical test
>
>Available as on-line book (HTML) at:
>http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/collections/statsbk/index.shtml
>
>SPSS syntax code (written by me and kindly hosted by King Douglas) for
>the book exercises and examples is available at:
20Stats%20Square%20One.txt

>(if the link is broken in two by my mail program, copy and paste both
>pieces together...)

>Research Methods II: Multivariate Analysis
>Chapter 1: The Scientific Method
>Chapter 2: Simple Linear Regression
>Chapter 3: Multiple Regression Analysis
>Chapter 4: Multiple Regression in Practice
>Chapter 5: Regression Diagnostics
>Chapter 6: Analysis of Cross-Sectional Studies
>Chapter 7: One-way Analysis of Variance
>Chapter 8: Two-way Analysis of Variance
>Chapter 9: Factorial Designs
>Chapter 10: Repeat-measures Designs
>Chapter 11: Logistic Regression
>Chapter 12: Survival Analysis
>Chapter 13: Poisson Regression Analysis
>Chapter 14: Analysing Categorical Data: Log-linear analysis
>
>Available as on-line book (PDF) at:
>
>http://www.oxfordjournals.org/tropej/online/ma.html
>(they also have a collection of PowerPoint slides for each chapter)
>
>Although I haven't written SPSS code for the second book (I just
>discovered it today!), give me some time and (after my holidays), I'll
>have it available.
>

>I hope you find them useful.
>
>Marta

Re: Interesting links (in my opinion)

Kaukab Azim
Lou is in good company. Thanks a mil Marta.
  Kaukab.

TWFydGEgR2FyY+1hLUdyYW5lcm8=?= wrote:

>Hi everybody:
>
>Since a lot of questions to this list concern theoretical issues, I
>thought that these links could be interesting for a lot of people. The
>first one reviews basic stats, while the second focuses on more
>advanced methods.
>
>Statistics at Square One
>=========================
>1 Data display and summary
>2 Mean and standard deviation
>3 Populations and samples
>4 Statements of probability and confidence intervals
>5 Differences between means: type I and type II errors and power
>6 Differences between percentages and paired alternatives
>7 The t tests
>8 The chi-squared tests
>9 Exact probabilty test
>10 Rank score tests
>11 Correlation and regression
>12 Survival analysis
>13 Study design and choosing a statistical test
>
>Available as on-line book (HTML) at:
>http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/collections/statsbk/index.shtml
>
>SPSS syntax code (written by me and kindly hosted by King Douglas) for
>the book exercises and examples is available at:
20Stats%20Square%20One.txt

>(if the link is broken in two by my mail program, copy and paste both
>pieces together...)

>Research Methods II: Multivariate Analysis
>Chapter 1: The Scientific Method
>Chapter 2: Simple Linear Regression
>Chapter 3: Multiple Regression Analysis
>Chapter 4: Multiple Regression in Practice
>Chapter 5: Regression Diagnostics
>Chapter 6: Analysis of Cross-Sectional Studies
>Chapter 7: One-way Analysis of Variance
>Chapter 8: Two-way Analysis of Variance
>Chapter 9: Factorial Designs
>Chapter 10: Repeat-measures Designs
>Chapter 11: Logistic Regression
>Chapter 12: Survival Analysis
>Chapter 13: Poisson Regression Analysis
>Chapter 14: Analysing Categorical Data: Log-linear analysis
>
>Available as on-line book (PDF) at:
>
>http://www.oxfordjournals.org/tropej/online/ma.html
>(they also have a collection of PowerPoint slides for each chapter)
>
>Although I haven't written SPSS code for the second book (I just
>discovered it today!), give me some time and (after my holidays), I'll
>have it available.
>

>I hope you find them useful.
>
>Marta

Dr. Kaukab Azim