NONPAR CORR in SPSS version 13.0?

Mariajose Romero
Hi.

I am trying to run a non parametric correlation procedure on a large
scale, national data set in SPSS version 13.0 and I get the warning,
"Too many cases for the available storage. NONPAR CORR cannot continue.
This command is not executed."  I have a pretty good computer with
little else on in terms of software or files, so memory is not the
problem.  I have also run the same procedure on my home computer, which
has SPSS version 12.0, and it works.  In the list archives, I saw a
message from somebody asking the same question as mine with regard to
version 12.0, but it appears that nobody replied.

Does anybody know what is going on and how to solve this problem?  Thanks.

MJR

--
Mariajosé Romero, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist
www.nccp.org
www.childcareresearch.org

Re: NONPAR CORR in SPSS version 13.0?

Oliver, Richard
Try increasing the WORKSPACE allocation, as in:

SET WORKSPACE 20000.

The default is 6148, and it's usually a good idea to set it back to that after you've completed the task that required more workspace.

www.nccp.org
www.childcareresearch.org

Re: NONPAR CORR in SPSS version 13.0?

Mariajose Romero
Thanks so much for your help, I changed the workspace and now the
procedure runs.