OT: "raw text" tags in Nabble are making text disappear in the UGA archive

OT: "raw text" tags in Nabble are making text disappear in the UGA archive

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Earlier today, Gene Maguin alerted me the fact that parts of some of my posts were not visible in the UGA archive for this list (https://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=SPSSX-L), despite being visible in the Nabble archive (http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/).  I believe this is related to the use of raw text tags in Nabble (i.e., More > Raw text).  Text that is enclosed in those tags is not appearing in the UGA archive.  This post and one to follow it are intended to provide a clear demonstration of the problem.

If raw text tags are the culprit, only lines 1 and 3 below will be visible in the UGA archive, whereas lines 1, 2 and 3 should all be visible in Nabble.

1. This line should be visible to everyone.
2. This 'raw text' line should be visible in Nabble, but not in the UGA archive.
3. This line should be visible to everyone.

In my next message, I shall provide links where this post can be viewed in both archives so that those who do not use Nabble on a regular basis can see that line 2 above does indeed appear in Nabble.

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: OT: "raw text" tags in Nabble are making text disappear in the UGA archive

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Here are the links to view my post below in both the Nabble and UGA archives.

Nabble:  http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/OT-raw-text-tags-in-Nabble-are-making-text-disappear-in-the-UGA-archive-tp5729959.html

UGA:  https://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=SPSSX-L;9e685fe9.1506

In Nabble, lines 1, 2 and 3 all appear.

In the UGA archive, only lines 1 and 3 appear:  Line 2, which was enclosed in raw text tags (More > Raw text in the Nabble composition window) is not visible.

So, while raw text tabs may make things look better in Nabble, we Nabble users should refrain from using them until this problem can be resolved.  (If it can be resolved.)

HTH.

Bruce Weaver wrote
[...]

David Marso
Administrator
PINNED
Please reply to the list and not to my personal email.
Those desiring my consulting or training services please feel free to email me.
---
"Nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis."
Cum es damnatorum possederunt porcos iens ut salire off sanguinum cliff in abyssum?"