Pivot trays disappeared?!

MLIves

Has anyone had this happen?

All of a sudden, I am no longer able to see the PIVOTING Trays even though they are turned on.

I do know how to toggle them on and off and have done so repeatedly in conjunction with restarting SPSS.

I have installed the fix pack for 27.0.1.0.

I have closed and restarted SPSS several times, and have restarted my computer.

BTW: I just submitted a ticket to SPSS Support—the race for an answer is on J

Melissa

This correspondence contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged; it is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this correspondence and completely dispose of the correspondence immediately. Please notify the sender if you have received this email in error. NOTE: Messages to or from the State of Connecticut domain may be subject to the Freedom of Information statutes and regulations.

Re: Pivot trays disappeared?!

Jon Peck
I have the same problem and reported this a while ago.  Very annoying.  The only way to pivot other than a full transpose at the moment is with the SPSSINC MODIFY TABLES extension command
using one of its custom functions such as customstylefunctions.moveColumnsToRows.
I'm glad that you reported this.  I am hoping for a hot fix.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 1:38 PM Ives, Melissa L <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jon K Peck

Re: Pivot trays disappeared?!

MLIves

What is odd to me is that Pivoting trays still work on my other work computer.

I work in 2 different locations, but have the same version/fix pack on both.

Re: Pivot trays disappeared?!

MLIves

I got a reply from SPSS Support below.

I am not sure what is meant by ‘the "Pivoting Trays" window instead of the larger Pivot Table Editing window’

Note however, that when I did this, the regedit value was already set to true, so the jury is still out.

This is a defect in SPSS 27.0.1. and has been filed for correction to SPSS Development. I do not know however when it will be addressed. Here is the defect information and the workaround.

PH31789: DISMISSING THE PIVOTING TRAYS LEAVES THEM UNUSABLE

You have created pivot table output in IBM SPSS Statistics

27.0.1 or IBM SPSS Statistics Subscription for Windows.  You

edit them and make use of the Pivoting Trays functionality to

re-arrange the dimensions of the table.  You exit editing, but

when you try to edit

another table, your Pivoting Trays window is blank and

essentially unusable.

Workaround:

This seems to happen when you dismiss the "Pivoting Trays"

window instead of the larger Pivot Table Editing window.

If you never dismiss the individual Pivoting Trays window, exit

entirely out of editing instead, your Pivoting Trays remain

intact.

To get the functionality back:

- Exit the program.

- Use the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) to edit this

key:

(For Statistics 27.0.1.0):

"Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\ibm/S/P/

S/S/Statistics\27.0\ui\editorwin\"

(For Statistics Subscription):

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\ibm\/S/P/S/S\/Sta

tistics\/Subscription.0\ui\editorwin"

- Mark this value "pivot_trays_visible" back to "true".

- Re-launch the product

- DO NOT dismiss the Pivoting Trays window.  Instead, exit from

the overall editing window.

Re: Pivot trays disappeared?!

MLIves

I had to make a different edit:

Looking at the rest of the regedit settings on that page, I suspected that it was likely that pivot_trays_ylocation was set to 1213. When I changed it to 213. The trays were once again visible.

Melissa