Power analysis with paired samples

PAULY Vanessa
Dear List,
I would like to calculate the  power of a  test of comparison of means with two pairs samples (n=30), but I don't know how to do this.
Could anyone help me?
Thanks,
Vanessa

Re: Power analysis with paired samples

Kathryn Gardner
Hi Vanessa,

You can use the power tables in Cohen's book:  Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. Laurence Erlbaum Associates. pgs 28 - 39.  You can  calculate power in seconds. Alternatively you could download G Power software http://www.psycho.uni-duesseldorf.de/aap/projects/gpower/
Kathryn