Query re executable file size

margmacd

Hello

I would be grateful if listed members would advise me on their experiences of the file size for an SPSS executable (“Application”) file. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to download an 1.25 GB file from my institution’s file share area, as I rely on my institution’s SPSS license. Due to the required time for this process (about 55 minutes), my computer repeatedly encounters a network issue. I am seeking to find a way round this with a view to supporting future students. I do not recall having encountered such difficulties during past attempts to download SPSS.

Best wishes

Margaret

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. ===================== To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to [hidden email] (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the command. To leave the list, send the command SIGNOFF SPSSX-L For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command INFO REFCARD

Re: Query re executable file size

Art Kendall
Depending on your geographic location you might try sneaker net.

Have you tried restarting all the devices at your end? Computer, modem,
router?

At your end, is your computer hard-wired or wireless?

Did you run a speed test app?

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants