SPSS Statistics Version 28

Jon Peck
... has beenr released.  You can see the new items here

Not mentioned in that link is that R and the R Essentials are now automatically installed with Statistics, so you no longer have to go through the hassle of those steps in order to install and use R-based extensions and programs..  There are also improvements in the Python setup.

--
Jon K Peck

Re: SPSS Statistics Version 28

J.D. Haltigan
Hi Jon: has a service pack for v28 been released at all to your knowledge?

Re: SPSS Statistics Version 28

jkpeck
I don't think that a service pack has been released yet, but there are a few hot fixes posted.

Re: SPSS Statistics Version 28

J.D. Haltigan
Thanks Jon. Is there a hot fix page on the SPSS main site? I can't seem to locate it.

Re: SPSS Statistics Version 28

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
That site is a bit of a labyrinth, isn't it.

I'm still using v26, so apologies if this has been done in v27 or v28.  Is it not about time for SPSS to add a "Check for updates" option in the Help menu?  My Stata 16 has that.  It generates an update command.  I ran it just now.  Here is the output:

. update query
(contacting http://www.stata.com)

Update status
    Last check for updates:  21 Aug 2021
    New update available:    none         (as of 21 Aug 2021)
    Current update level:    08 Jul 2021  (what's new)

Possible actions

    Do nothing; all files are up to date.

When an update is available, a clickable link appears to install the update.  No fuss, no muss.  No navigating around confusing websites.  I don't understand why SPSS has not yet done something similar.  YMMV.

J.D. Haltigan wrote
Thanks Jon. Is there a hot fix page on the SPSS main site? I can't seem to locate it.
--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).