SPSS Training - live-streamed online - mediation/moderation using PROCESS, multilevel modelling

SPSS Training - live-streamed online - mediation/moderation using PROCESS, multilevel modelling

Christopher Stride
A pair of one-day quantitative methods training courses to be held
online in Autumn 2021

All courses to be live-streamed online, with chat window for questions -
it's worked well for my post-COVID courses so far.
And it gives a chance to those of you who might not have been able to
attend in the past due to travel distances :).

------

Thursday 7 October 2021 - Testing for Mediation and Moderation using SPSS
      Learn to test mediation and moderation type models using the
PROCESS Macro in SPSS

Friday 8 October 2021 - Multilevel Modelling using SPSS
     Learn to run multilevel analyses using SPSS software

----

Full details of the content and suggested pre-requisites for each
course, testimonials from past attendees,
venue location directions, course timings, and booking forms are now
available at
http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/FIO/trainingcourses.htm

For details on future courses and general stats content, follow
@ChrisStrideFIO

-------------

Course fees are £250 per course, with a student rate of £175.

A further reduction of £50 on the total fee is available to anyone
booking on to multiple courses.

A further reduction of 15% on all bookings due to the current online
delivery

You will receive the coursebook, and USB stick with course data files,
by post in advance of the course, unless you would rather have an e-version

For these courses, course delegates will need to have their own laptop
or PC with SPSS installed

-------------

If there are a number of people from your organisation looking for such
training, note that these courses are also available on an inhouse basis
(i.e. provided just to a group from your institution, at a date and time
of your choosing), either live-streamed online or in person. See
http://www.figureitout.org.uk for details of our inhouse and bespoke
training.

-------------

Dr Chris Stride, C. Stat, Statistician, Institute of Work Psychology,
University of Sheffield, S10 1FL
Telephone: 0114 2223262

@ChrisStrideFIO

"Figure It Out"
Statistical Consultancy and Training Service for Social Scientists

Visit www.figureitout.org.uk for details of my consultancy services, and
forthcoming training courses, which are also available on an in-house basis:

- Data management using SPSS syntax
- Advanced SPSS syntax and SPSS macros
- Testing for Mediation and Moderation using SPSS
- Multi-level Modelling using SPSS
- Introduction to Structural Equation Modelling using Mplus
- Testing for Mediation and Moderation using Mplus
- Multi-level Modelling using Mplus
- Latent Growth Curve Modelling using Mplus

Re: SPSS Training - live-streamed online - mediation/moderation using PROCESS, multilevel modelling

Art Kendall
Thank you for very timely topics.

A long time ago, I spoke to some outstanding statisticians at a Census
Bureau event on multilevel modeling.  I said that I saw a great deal of
similarity between complex sample approaches and multilevel modeling
approaches.  The response was "of course".

I'll never have the time to work out the similarities/differences
mathematically.  For your class, data sets would already be in SPSS. Since
getting the data cleaned and prepped is a huge part of any effort.  It would
be great if some people taking the class would run the data using the
Complex Samples procedure also.

A major purpose of statistics to is support quality in reasoning.  It would
be interesting to know what people thought about the results of putting the
same datasets through both procedures.

When I retired in 2001, I had a long to-do list.  These days it is even
longer.   I hope somebody will take this idea and do a paper.

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants