STATS TEXTANALYSIS Extension Command

Jon Peck

Re: STATS TEXTANALYSIS Extension Command

Art Kendall
Started looking through the link.  Looking forward to trying it.

THANK YOU.

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: STATS TEXTANALYSIS Extension Command

Will M @ G

Thanks Jon

When run get the following error. Am running V26 current updates

The nltk module is required in order to use this module.

    install using

    pip -m install nltk

    Then use nltk.download() to add specific packages including

    at least stopwords and names

    If numpy errors occur, update the numpy module using

    pip install  numpy==1.19.5

> On 5/7/2021 9:00:49 AM, Jon Peck ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > This extension command is now available on the SPSS Statistics Extension
> Hub.  A blog post about using it is available here
> https://community.ibm.com/community/user/datascience/blogs/jon-peck/2021/04/29/analyzing-text-data-in-surveys-using-the-spss-stat?CommunityKey=886b6874-0fb1-402c-8243-c70ef8179a99

Re: STATS TEXTANALYSIS Extension Command

Jon Peck
Hi, Will,

See the syntax or dialog box help for the additional requirements for using this extension, but it was written with Python 3.8, which is what Statistics V27 uses.  With V26, you are using Python 3.4.  I don't know whether it will work with that version or not.  It might, but the error you are getting is not related to that.

--
Jon K Peck