Statistical Significance Testing Versus Total in CTABLES

Statistical Significance Testing Versus Total in CTABLES

Feinstein, Zachary
I am using V14 and I thought I was under the impression that CTABLES
would perform statistical significance testing of columns versus Total
columns.  Let's say I have four regions- North, South, East, & West.
The stat. testing appears to test these columns versus each other but
not versus Total.  I thought that was a new feature, or maybe it was
just wishful thinking.

If anyone knows anything, or if I am missing something, let me know.
Thanks.

Zachary

Re: Statistical Significance Testing Versus Total in CTABLES

Bob Schacht-3
At 12:37 PM 6/19/2006, Feinstein, Zachary wrote:
>I am using V14 and I thought I was under the impression that CTABLES
>would perform statistical significance testing of columns versus Total
>columns.  Let's say I have four regions- North, South, East, & West.
>The stat. testing appears to test these columns versus each other but
>not versus Total.  I thought that was a new feature, or maybe it was
>just wishful thinking.

Just what is it that you're trying to test? "Testing columns versus Total"
is pushing numbers around. What do you mean? So, you have four regions. Do
you mean the regions are your "columns"? What, then, are your rows? Are
they alternative values of another categorical variable?

In other words, you have not given us enough information to answer your
question.

Bob Schacht

>If anyone knows anything, or if I am missing something, let me know.
>Thanks.
>
>Zachary
>[hidden email]

Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D. <[hidden email]>
Pacific Basin Rehabilitation Research & Training Center
1268 Young Street, Suite #204
Research Center, University of Hawaii
Honolulu, HI 96814