Testing for normality (Gauss)

Marc Feuerstein
Hi there.
I'm not sure what test I have to use to test for normal (gauss) distribution
on a number of variables that I want to use as predictors in a linear
regression model.

I've read something about the K-S test. Is that the correct test to use ?

Bye,
Marc.

Re: Testing for normality (Gauss)

David Greenberg
It is not a requirement of regression that the predictors be normally
distributed. There is no need to test for it. David Greenberg, Sociology
Department, New York University