Thoughts on this data step guide

Jesse Jahrig
Hello all,

I was wondering if there were any thoughts on the accuracy and
usefulness of the following guide. I am learning stats and would find a
guide such as this very useful if validated. Please find the guide by
following the link below.

http://www.datastep.com/StatisticalSelectionGuide.pdf

-Jesse
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and privileged information. Please contact the AADAC ITS Helpdesk at 780-422-2336 immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted from your system.

Re: Thoughts on this data step guide

Keith McCormick
Hello Jesse,

It looks useful to me.

There is something very similar, and even more specific to
SPSS right in SPSS help.   Try the statistics coach found in the help
menu.  It will ask you questions about your data like the branches in
this diagram, and when you reach the end it will launch the
appropriate menu, and open that section of help.  If you are learning
stats while having convienient access to SPSS, you might want to try
it.

Good luck!

Keith

keithmccormick.com

On 7/4/06, Jesse Jahrig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if there were any thoughts on the accuracy and
> usefulness of the following guide. I am learning stats and would find a
> guide such as this very useful if validated. Please find the guide by
> following the link below.
>
> http://www.datastep.com/StatisticalSelectionGuide.pdf
>
> -Jesse
> This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and privileged information. Please contact the AADAC ITS Helpdesk at 780-422-2336 immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted from your system.

Re: Thoughts on this data step guide

shivani sharma
hi all,
i m tomorrow attending a seminar on spss. if anyonw of you want to
send some brainstorming queries are most welcome
 regards
shivani