Unable to start any "old" versions of SPSS after end of version 29 beta

Unable to start any "old" versions of SPSS after end of version 29 beta

Art Kendall
When the version 29 Beta period ended I usedrestoreStatistics28.bat
It did not restore version 28.

there are 3 versions of stats.exe on my system. see the attached "where stats dot exe.jpg"
where_stats_dot_exe.jpg

I tried right clicking stats.exe and clicking <run as administrator> for 28 and 27.

error_with_SPSS_28.jpg
error_with_SPSS_27.jpg

Any suggestions on how to (a) Start SPSS 24, 27, or 28 and (b) put the SPSS 28 icon on the task bar?
I have fully updated Windows 10.

I tried to use SPSS support but the webpage wanted to establish 2 step verification.  I down loaded the verification app onto my Iphone.  But the phone app did not process the QR code on the PC monitor.
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: Unable to start any "old" versions of SPSS after end of version 29 beta

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Good grief.  This could put one off from being a beta-tester in future.  Have you got things sorted out yet, Art?

Art Kendall wrote

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: Unable to start any "old" versions of SPSS after end of version 29 beta

Art Kendall
Well I have been a beta tester for decades and this is the only glitch.
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: Unable to start any "old" versions of SPSS after end of version 29 beta

jkpeck
You may have to reinstall those apps to get things working again as something seems to be corrupted.

Re: Unable to start any "old" versions of SPSS after end of version 29 beta

Art Kendall
Sorry for not getting back to the list.

Support sent instructions on how to uninstall AND edit the registry.  Then I was able to reinstall.

I also removed 27.  I no longer recall why I saved 24. I'll probably uninstall 24 when 29 is released.
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: Unable to start any "old" versions of SPSS after end of version 29 beta

jkpeck
29 was just officially announced.