Why exporting as a protected file??

Paula DIorio
Hi,

I'm pretty new to v.14 and for some reason when I export a report from the
output as a text file it's exporting it as a protected file and then I
can't open it in excel....suggestions? thanks

Re: Why exporting as a protected file??

Peck, Jon
I suspect that you are running into a bug in Excel.  If you open a text file that starts with exactly a certain sequence of characters, Excel mistakenly generates this message.  I do not recall exactly what the sequence was, but it used to be common with SPSS text output.  Try editing your text file in, say, Notepad, and add a few extra characters at the beginning to see if it changes the behavior.

I believe that Microsoft had a fix for this at one point on their website, so you might try searching there for the message text you are seeing.

HTH
Jon Peck
SPSS