analysis method

Shweta Manchanda
I am looking for some advice on analysing results from a question
addressing the psychological process of habituation in a particular
situation.

The question under consideration asks respondents to rank 4 building types
from best to worst (1 to 4) based on their preferences. Since the
respondents also belonged to the 4 different building types in the
question, the aim of the analysis is to see if respondents tend to always
rate their own building type as the best.

I would like some suggestion on what method to use to analyse this and get
significance levels for the results. I have tried the cross tabs procedure
but am not sure if this is the best method and if it gives significance
values. Someone suggested chi square but I believe it is used only for
non-parametric data. Since mine is parametric data and I have used GLM for
other analyses I would like some suggestion on the most appropriate method
to use for this. I would be very grateful for any help.

Shweta