from my LinkedIn feed

JeremyT

Re: from my LinkedIn feed

Bruce Weaver
Administrator
Did Mr. Glines say what the syntax was for?  E.g., was it calling a few canned routines to carry out some very standard analyses?  Or did it entail some tricky data management, or a complicated macro?  And did Mr. Glines share any of the syntax?  If so, I'm curious (and I'm sure Art Kendall is curious) to know how well it was commented (if it was).  ;-)
--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca

"When all else fails, RTFM."

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.
2. The SPSSX Discussion forum on Nabble is no longer linked to the SPSSX-L listserv administered by UGA (https://listserv.uga.edu/).

Re: from my LinkedIn feed

Art Kendall
Please share the syntax.
It would be interesting to see how that app helped.
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: from my LinkedIn feed

JeremyT
Sorry, I don't have the syntax; this is a re-post from the SPSS group in LinkedIn. What I do know is that a friend now uses it to write Python scripts when she gets stuck

Re: from my LinkedIn feed

jkpeck
I have played with GPT a bit, and it is pretty wild.  Sometimes it get SPSS syntax or dialog box usage exactly right, but more often it spews a batch of what look like correct SPSS commands but don't make sense.  It makes up plausible but nonexistant commands, and often when they are real commands, they don't do what was requested.  It's kind of like an explosion in the syntax factory.

I asked it to transpose a pivot table, and it made up a command called PIVOT TABLE.  I told it there was no such command, so it switched to CROSSTABS followed by AGGREGATE and some COMPUTE commands.  But when I asked it to do a PLS job, it got the dialog path and setup exactly right, and it added a paragraph about when PLS is a useful tool.  But there was a lot more it could have said.

It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Re: from my LinkedIn feed

JeremyT
I do wonder where this is going.  They are doing a good job to promote it, but when it is monetized all these little use-cases may disappear