inputting correlation matrix into cronbach's alpha computations

inputting correlation matrix into cronbach's alpha computations

paulandpen
Hi all,

I have a co-occurrence matrix of similarity measures that I have pre-processed in spss to generate a correlation matrix (via factor analysis).  I now want to use this matrix to generate cronbachs alpha values for the items.

Any assistance on how to input the matrix into relaibility analysis would be much appreicated.

Regards Paul

Re: inputting correlation matrix into cronbach's alpha computations

statisticsdoc
Stephen Brand
www.statisticsdoc.com

Paul,

The MATRIX subcommand on the RELIABILITY command will let you read in an
SPSS Matrix.  For example:

RELIABILITY VARIABLES = ITEM1 TO ITEM6
   / SCALE (SCALE1) = ITEM1 ITEM3 ITEM5
   / SCALE (SCALE2) = ITEM2 ITEM4 ITEM7
   / SUMMARY MEANS TOTAL
   / MATRIX IN(*)  .

Here the matrix file is the active file, otherwise you would specify a
filename.  The SPSS input matrix file should have records of the type N MEAN
STDDEV and CORR.  Further information on this option is available in the
documentation for RELIABILITY in the Base manual.

HTH,

Steve

For personalized and professional consultation in statistics and research
design, visit
www.statisticsdoc.com