lock .sav file

Celso-4
I´m trying to block a .SAV file for data values modification. Like a read
only .SAV
I want it to be able to do crosstabs, frecuency, etc. Everything but Data
Modification.
Can anyone help me? TY

Re: lock .sav file

Frederic Villamayor Forcada
Celso,

Once opened, the user can change anything on a SAV file. But if the file
attribute is Read-Only it will be impossible to write on the old file and
change it. The problem is that anyone can change the file attributes
(accidentally or not). If you are just trying to preserve the data you
entered, I'd do a backup copy of the file, on a save place, and I'd work
with a workcopy of the file (read-only, if you want). I'm sure that other
co-listers can suggest the use of some software that cal help you to
better protect your data.

Greetings

Frederic

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Frederic Villamayor
Unitat de Bioestadística
Àrea de Desenvolupament Preclínic
CIDF Ferrer Grupo
Juan de Sada, 32
08028 - Barcelona
Espanya

E-mail: [hidden email]
Tel: +34 935093236
Fax: +34 934112764
WWW: www.ferrergrupo.com

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
"Sanity is not statistical"
1984 (George Orwell)

Celso <[hidden email]>
Enviado por: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <[hidden email]>
03/08/2006 17:43
Por favor, responda a
[hidden email]

Para
[hidden email]
cc

Asunto
[SPSSX-L] lock .sav file

I´m trying to block a .SAV file for data values modification. Like a read
only .SAV
I want it to be able to do crosstabs, frecuency, etc. Everything but Data
Modification.
Can anyone help me? TY

Re: lock .sav file

Antoon Smulders