v27 launch times

J.D. Haltigan
Returning to a previous issue of sorts. Recently upgraded and installed v.27
on my system (win 10, 64-bit, 16GB ram, i7) and adjusted Windows Defender
settings per earlier discussions on these settings stalling launch time just
a bit (initial opening). Was curious if folks with similar system specs had
clocked opening speeds or noticed a return to a bit of a stalled opening
launch time. I'm clocking right around ~20s or less on initial open, but
still perceiving a bit of a lag from adjusted v26.

Any insights/experiences most appreciated!

Re: v27 launch times

J.D. Haltigan
Thanks, Jon.

Have SSD as well. Can you refresh on the exact steps you took to exclude the
target file folder from Defender Scan?

I thought I had this configured correctly, but I'm on the latest build of
Win OS 19041.450 which may complicate things a bit as Defender seems to have
a new file drop/menu than previously.

Re: v27 launch times

Jon Peck
I am on 1903 still as knowledgeable sources suggested holding off on 1904 for a while.

Windows key- i
search for security
Virus and threat protection
manage settings
exclusions
folders to exclude.  I exclude c:\spss27, which is where V27 is installed.  Also sav and zsav file types.