Exporting to multiple Excel sheets

igaboury
Hi,

I'm trying to export SPSS outputs generated within a macro that loops from 1
to x. I'm trying to generate a new sheet name with the !CONCAT command but
somehow it doesn't create a new sheet name... What's wrong with it?

DEFINE !rapportAA (nogmf= !TOKENS(1))

  !DO !i = 1 !TO !nogmf.

COMPUTE filter_$=(gmfqc = !i).
FILTER BY filter_$.
EXECUTE.

FREQUENCIES VARIABLES=var
  /ORDER=ANALYSIS.

OUTPUT EXPORT
  /CONTENTS EXPORT = ALL
  /XLS  DOCUMENTFILE= ' Documents/GMF.xls'
  OPERATION= CREATESHEET
  SHEET = '!CONCAT("GMF", !i)'.

  OUTPUT CLOSE *.

FILTER OFF.
!DOEND.
!ENDDEFINE.

Thank you!

Reading SPSS format

Kornbrot, Diana
I’d recommend export all .spv files before you lose access, any or all of these formats
.pdf means you will always have access to read
Html is also very useful - it is easy to scan through and add to presentations
.xls or .xlsx is often convenient if you want to extract tables or figures for other documents
You can set SPS so output includes log file, so one always knows setting s for analyses

I NEVER use .spv. what is it good  for?

best
Diana

On 5 May 2020, at 22:23, igaboury <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

____________
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
+44 (0) 208 444 2081
Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org
 __________________

____________
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
+44 (0) 208 444 2081
+44 (0) 7403 18 16 12
[hidden email]
http://dianakornbrot.wordpress.com/
http://go.herts.ac.uk/Diana_Kornbrot/
skype:  kornbrotme
Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org
 __________________

Re: Exporting to multiple Excel sheets

Jon Peck
Your OUTPUT EXPORT command needs to specify the sheet name like this.
  SHEET = !CONCAT('"', "GMF", !i, '"').

You might want to consider using SPLIT FILES SEPARATE for this instead of all those filters.
With that, you might consider using the SPSSINC MODIFY OUTPUT extension command with the included custom function that exports all tables of selected types to Excel sheets.  Here is an example from its doc.

# Export all the custom tables in the Viewer to separate sheets named table1, table2, ...
SPSSINC MODIFY OUTPUT TABLES
/IF SUBTYPE="'Custom Table'" PROCESS=ALL
/CUSTOM FUNCTION="customoutputfunctions.excelexport(file='c:/temp/extest.xls',
  sheet='table#',action='CreateWorksheet')".

If you don't already have this installed, you can add it from the Extensions > Extension Hub menu.

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 7:32 PM igaboury <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jon K Peck

Re: Exporting to multiple Excel sheets

Javier Figueroa
Greetings from Guatemala, I hope you are well and with much encouragement, to get ahead with this world situation (COVID-19)

Thank you, I was asking for this for a long time.
but I have a question and it is the following:

I have an output with 100 boxes that is the result of 100 questions, as identified by no. of pictures that I want on each sheet?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

JF Javier Figueroa

El dom., 10 may. 2020 a las 9:17, Jon Peck (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Procesamiento y Análisis de bases de datos
Cel: 5927-4748 / 4970-1940
Casa: 2289-0184