Get Data ODBC help!

Julia Li
Dear SPSSers:
I use SPSS 12.0 Database Wizard to get data from remote SQL sever.  All
steps up "Result" went thought smoothly.  Wizard generated SQL query base
on my selection. But after run "retrieve the data I have selected", I get
error message like this:
>Error. Command name: GET DATA
>Unknown error
>This command not executed.
I tried to reinstall SPSS, reboot my computer but still got the same error.
Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks
Julia

Re: Get Data ODBC help!

Lemon, John S.
Julia

The first course of action is to use the 'Paste' option on the final
screen and then check to see what commands have been generated by the
wizard. There is just a chance that something is not quite right. If you
are still having problems post the syntax commands to the list when we may
have some further ideas.

> I use SPSS 12.0 Database Wizard to get data from remote SQL sever.  All
> steps up "Result" went thought smoothly.  Wizard generated SQL query base
> on my selection. But after run "retrieve the data I have selected", I get
> error message like this:
>>Error. Command name: GET DATA
>>Unknown error
>>This command not executed.
> I tried to reinstall SPSS, reboot my computer but still got the same
> error.

Best wishes

John S. Lemon     Mailto:[hidden email]
 DISS - ASD (Computing)    Tel: +44 1224 273350
 Aberdeen University - Scotland
                           Fax: +44 1224 273372

Re: Get Data ODBC help!

Oliver Paula
oliver de paula
Eu estarei ausente do Escritorio até 12/07/2006.Sua mensagem não será
verificada.
Em caso de urgência contatar Fernando Rocha (Ramal 0798).

========================================================================================================
Este e-mail e confidencial e pode conter informacoes privilegiadas. Se voce nao for o destinatario desta
mensagem por favor delete-a e me informe no endereco acima. Nao copie ou reenvie de forma a revelar estas
informacoes a outras pessoas ou utilize-as para qualquer proposito.

This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not intended recipient, please delete it
and notify me immediately at above address; do not copy, forward or other side disclose the contents of this
e-mail to any other person or use it for any purpose.

Re: Get Data ODBC help!

Julia Li
John:
Thanks a lot!
I tried to use "paste" option and still have the same problem. My
co-work tested the "connect string" +"SQL" which was generated by my
SPSS, and it works fine in her machine which is also SPSS 12.0. It seems
something wrong of my SPSS. When I open SPSS first time after restart
computer, I got error message like this:
"Can't open toolbar bitmap file, C:\WINNT\temp\spss1900\stmptb16.bmp".

Best regard