Go To Specific Line

Justin Black
Does anyone know if there's a "Go To Specific Line" function in the Syntax
Editor window (v13 or v14) analagous to CTRL+G in Notepad?  So, say I have a
syntax file with 10,000 lines, and I want to "jump" to line 3500...

Many thanks,

--Justin

Re: Go To Specific Line

Antro, Mark
Justin, the syntax editor is not feature rich, and this like is one of those that doesn't appear. However, you can put in lots of comments, with unique tags. For instance on line 3500, have something like...

* zL3500.

You can then use Edit - Find (Ctrl-F) to look and goto the tag zL35000. (Because there are no line numbers either in the editor, descriptive tags work better.)

Antro.

Re: Go To Specific Line

Snider-Lotz, Tom
I like Mark's suggestion about descriptive tags that you can search for.  If you prefer line numbers, one option is to use Notepad or some other text editor (e.g., TextPad has a "go to line #" function) as your syntax editor.  Syntax files are simply text files with a SPS extension.

A full-powered text editor like TextPad has many other capabilities that the syntax editor lacks.

  -- Tom

--Justin

Re: Go To Specific Line

Siraj Ur-rehman
You can Bookmark in TextPad which is very nice tool when you have a very
long syntax and its helping me a lot.

Siraj