Listserv for AMOS?

Feinstein, Zachary
Is there a listserv for AMOS?  Specifically I am hoping to make a post
about how to obtain the correlation between two latent constructs.  I
know I can get the covariance but am a little baffled by the correlation
in AMOS.  My hunch is that it is not possible as long as the latent
variable is not standardized.

Zachary

Re: Listserv for AMOS?

Torzewski, Stuart
There is not a listserv dedicated to Amos, but there is one dedicated to SEM and Amos is a routine topic there as you would imagine.

Click on this link for details on SEMNET: http://www2.gsu.edu/~mkteer/semnet.html

Zachary

Re: Listserv for AMOS?

Mark A Davenport MADAVENP
This is an old and wise list with a searchable archive that goes back for
years.  It's a great resource.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Mark A. Davenport Ph.D.
Senior Research Analyst
Office of Institutional Research
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
336.256.0395
[hidden email]

'An approximate answer to the right question is worth a good deal more
than an exact answer to an approximate question.' --a paraphrase of J. W.
Tukey (1962)

Re: Listserv for AMOS?

Stevan Nielsen
I am not an AMOS expert, but obtaining correlations between latent
variables is an option in the graphics interface if you have modeled
covariance between the latent variables of interest.  It sounds as if
you have done this, because you speak of a covariance estimate.
Modeling covariance between the latent variables requires, in the
graphic interface (the only way I use AMOS) drawing a double-arrow arc
between any two latent variables of interest.  The default output is for
unstandardized coefficients.  Once a model is estimated the default
output shows unstandardized covariance and regression coefficients in
both the graphic of the model and in the printout (key F10).

To obtain standardized estimates select "Analysis properties" (the
abacus icon with six colored buttons or "Ctrl" key and "A"
simultaneously), then select the "Output" tab, then select by check mark
"Standardized estimates" from among the 15 options for output.  If you
have modeled the covariance between the latent constructs of interest,
you will now have correlation coefficients in the printout (key F10) and
an option for standardized estimates for the graphic of your estimated
model.

Stevan Lars Nielsen, Ph.D.
Clinical Professor
Clinical Psychologist