Power analysis SPSS v 27.0

thara.vardhan@epa.nsw.gov.au
Hello List Members

I am new to SPSS 27.0 and power analysis.

I am trying to understand how to interpret power analysis results based on the values I have got from my pilot test data for 2 groups.

I get a value of 0.99 for power statistic b based on the sample sizes and unequal standard deviations for my two groups in my data set.

I tried to look up archives for the SPSS-L but it says that I do not have permission.

I would be most grateful if somebody could guide me to previous discussion or problems solved in relation to power analysis.

Looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks
thara vardhan

Re: Power analysis SPSS v 27.0

Art Kendall
Did you try to access the archive via Nabble? or thru UGA?

https://www.statisticsteacher.org/2017/09/15/what-is-power/

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: Power analysis SPSS v 27.0

bdates
Thara,

Here are the directions for subscribing to the listserv.

To subscribe

Send an email to [hidden email] with no subject, no signature, but only the words:

SUB SPSSX-L <your name>

in the body of the message. For instance if your name is John Doe the body of the message would contain

SUB SPSSX-L John Doe

After having registered, you will receive an email from the listserv giving the address to be used to post emails to the list, get copies of earlier posts, unsubscribe, etc. Read and keep that email for future reference.

There's also a resource at https://www.spsstools.net/en/ , which has solutions to questions users have posed, and a lot of syntax for solving particular problems.

Brian