SPSS & screen reader

Abeerali
I am currently a blind student taking statistics class. I bought that yearly package subscription. Currently, I am struggling I need and immediate assistance.

Re: SPSS & screen reader

Rick Oliver

The link below might be a helpful starting point, assuming the web page itself follows accessibility guidelines, which I think it is theoretically supposed to do:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLVMB_26.0.0/statistics_mainhelp_ddita/spss/base/access_main.html#access_main

I think the only screen reader officially tested for the product is JAWS for Windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I am currently a blind student taking statistics class. I bought that yearly package subscription. Currently, I am struggling I need and immediate assistance.

Re: SPSS & screen reader

Kornbrot, Diana
ITs worth posting an enquiry to: https://www.applevis.com/

 There is nothing recent, but member of community might help
SPSS support may be useful
General for ghastly Catalina

This tis for version 25 - but you’ve probably seen it

On 3 Oct 2020, at 19:09, Rick Oliver <[hidden email]> wrote:

The link below might be a helpful starting point, assuming the web page itself follows accessibility guidelines, which I think it is theoretically supposed to do:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLVMB_26.0.0/statistics_mainhelp_ddita/spss/base/access_main.html#access_main

I think the only screen reader officially tested for the product is JAWS for Windows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I am currently a blind student taking statistics class. I bought that yearly package subscription. Currently, I am struggling I need and immediate assistance.

____________
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
+44 (0) 208 444 2081
+44 (0) 7403 18 16 12
[hidden email]
http://dianakornbrot.wordpress.com/
skype:  kornbrotme
Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org
 __________________

Re: SPSS & screen reader

Robert L
Is it possible to set up SPSS in an entirely "text driven" mode? Enter your commands on the command line, read the results on the next line? I think you can run PSPP this way, or at least run commands from the command line followed by results in an output window, but is it possible with SPSS?

Robert Lundqvist

Re: SPSS & screen reader

Jon Peck
I don' think that would be helpful for a blind user.  The menus and dialogs and the output are accessible via a screen reader, but a text mode would not be.

There used to be a special console mode, but I don't think that is possible anymore with the regular version.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 4:20 AM Robert Lundqvist <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it possible to set up SPSS in an entirely "text driven" mode? Enter your commands on the command line, read the results on the next line? I think you can run PSPP this way, or at least run commands from the command line followed by results in an output window, but is it possible with SPSS?

Jon K Peck