Show missing or sysmis values in CTABLES for?

Show missing or sysmis values in CTABLES for?

ChrisKeran
Is there a way to include the count of sysmis (or missing values), as freq
vars does (see 1st image)...

<http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/file/t340635/FreqVarsTable.jpg>

...within a CTABLES command?
<http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/file/t340635/CTABLES.jpg>

I simply want to include how many respondents didn't answer the question
within the table. I messed around with assigning missing values and
including missing values, but then it includes the missing counts as part of
the denominator when reporting percentages, and I don't want to include as
part of the percentage. Freq vars does it nicely, but I don't want both sets
of percentages (with and without the missing). Here is the syntax which
generated the CTABLE above...

* Custom Tables.
CTABLES
  /VLABELS VARIABLES=GenderNew DISPLAY=LABEL
  /TABLE GenderNew [C][COUNT F40.0, COLPCT.COUNT PCT40.0]
  /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=GenderNew ORDER=A KEY=VALUE EMPTY=INCLUDE TOTAL=YES
POSITION=AFTER
  /CRITERIA CILEVEL=95.

Re: Show missing or sysmis values in CTABLES for?

Jon Peck
Sysmis values are always excluded, but user missing values can be included
  /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=Q10_1 ORDER=A KEY=VALUE EMPTY=INCLUDE MISSING=INCLUDE

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 2:11 PM ChrisKeran <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jon K Peck

Re: Show missing or sysmis values in CTABLES for?

Art Kendall
Of course, if you reserve SYMIS for detecting when you have given the system
instructions it cannot follow or that are incomplete when you get to
actually doing analysis they would be none remaining in your data.

A temporary kludge would be something like this
RECODE MyVar (symis= -99) (else=copy).
ADD VALUES LABELS MyVar -99 'was sysmis will later go back and figure out
why'.
MISSING VALUES MyVar . . .

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: Show missing or sysmis values in CTABLES for?

ChrisKeran
Thanks, Jon. Yes, user missing are included, but I don't want to include them
as part of the percentage. Is there anyway to do that?

Re: Show missing or sysmis values in CTABLES for?

Jon Peck
You could  do something like this.
CTABLES
  /TABLE Q10_5 [C][COUNT TOTALS[MISSING 'Count']]
  /SLABELS POSITION=ROW
  /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=Q10_5 ORDER=A KEY=VALUE EMPTY=INCLUDE TOTAL=YES LABEL='Missing'
    POSITION=AFTER.

I had to swing the statistics to the rows in order to avoid holes due to the different total statistic.  If that won't fly, you could use STATS TABLE CALC to move it over, and then the empty column would disappear.