mass production in SPSS

Yifan Lu-3
Dear list,

If I want to run the same model for hundreds of samples, which feature
or facility shall I use in SPSS to avoid manual operation? Is Macro the
right one for me to look into? Thanks and have a good weekend!

Yifan

Re: mass production in SPSS

Arnaldo Ferrari Nasi

>Dear list,
>
>If I want to run the same model for hundreds of samples, which feature
>or facility shall I use in SPSS to avoid manual operation? Is Macro the
>right one for me to look into? Thanks and have a good weekend!
>
>Yifan

Write the sintax for the model in a separate file (ie. model.sps).
Then in another sintax you can select or get your samples and "include"
your model:

get file "file_01".
include "c:\temp\model.sps".

get file "file_02".
include "c:\temp\model.sps".

get file "file_03".
include "c:\temp\model.sps".

get file "file_04".
include "c:\temp\model.sps".

There are more sophisticated ways, ie. to automate the sample selection
too, but this morning I have to work, work wooooork.

Hope it helps,
Arnaldo.

Ferrari Nasi & Grisantelli srl
Via Fiamma 27 - 20129 Milano
Tel 0270122040 - Fax 02700419018
www.ferrarinasigrisantelli.it
www.analisipolitica.it

Re: mass production in SPSS

Peck, Jon
If you are partitioning the data, say, by city, you can use split files to repeat each analysis over all the cities.

You can use the include or, in newer versions, insert command to run a syntax block over and over, or use a macro, or, best, if you have SPSS 14, you can program your loop via BEGIN PROGRAM.

Regards,
Jon Peck