multiple classification across six variables

multiple classification across six variables

msherman

Dear List; I have a data set with six variables where the patients are classified according to acute coronary symdromes. The data file was set up in the following manner. (

ClinicalDiagnosis1MultivesselCAD2SinglevesselCAD3Valvular4Chestp data values are 1  2  3  4 (each number reps a different diagnosis)

    ClinicalDiagnosis5CardiomyopathyCongestiveHeartFailuredyspnea data values are 5

    ClinicalDiagnosis9CABG10PCI±stent11BothCABGampPCI data values are 9 10 11

    ClinicalDiagnosis6CardiacArrestPacerDefibrillatorLifeBridgeVest data values are 6

    ClinicalDiagnosis7AtrialFibrillationArrhythmia8TIACVA  data values are 7 8

    ClinicalDiagnosis12ChestPainAngina13AMI14BothChestPainampAMI data values are 12 13 14

I am trying to figure out a way of getting a table that shows the cross classification of all cardiac patients.

Thus it might look like

1Multivesel_Cardiomyopathy(1 and 5)

1Multivessel_Cabg (1 and 9)

1Multivessel_Stent (1 and 10)

Etc which would cover all possible combinations.

Is there a simple way of doing this or must it be labor intensive whereby I create all of the combinations with a bunch of do if s??  thanks   martin sherman

Re: multiple classification across six variables

Brian Dates
Martin,

Do you want all combinations of two factors or all combinations?

Brian

Brian G. Dates, M.A.
Consultant in Program Evaluation, Research, and Statistics
248-229-2865

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 10:52 AM Martin Sherman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

spss.giesel@yahoo.de
Maybe so?

CTABLES /TABLE (a+b+c+d+e+f)[C] BY a+b+c+d+e+f[C][COUNT].

Not 100% clear what you want to do.

Mario Giesel
Munich, Germany

---

Am Freitag, 23. Oktober 2020, 16:52:26 MESZ hat Martin Sherman <[hidden email]> Folgendes geschrieben:

[...]

Art Kendall
I am not sure what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to cluster cases based on categorical variables?  I.e, to see
if you can group cases into meaningful sets?

-----
Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants

Re: multiple classification across six variables

Art Kendall
Something like this untested approach?

String part1(a2) Part2(a2) Part3(a3) Part4(a2) Part5(a2) Part5(a2).
If ANY(MyVar1, 2,3,4) Part1=concat(String(MyVar1,n1),'|').
if myvar2 EQ 5 Part2= concat(String(MyVar2,n1),".
If ANY(MyVar3, 9,10,11) Part1=concat(String(MyVar3,n2),'|').
if myvar4 EQ 6 Part2= Concat(String(MyVar4,n1),'|').
If ANY(MyVar5, 7,8) Part1=Concat(String(MyVar5,n1),'|').
If ANY(MyVar6, 12,13,14) Part1=String(MyVar3,n2).
String MyGroup (a13).
compute MyGroup = concat1(part1 to part6).
FREQUENCIES VARIABLES = Part1 to Part6 MyGroup.

-----